SCI AmeriCorps – Family and Children’s Service of Greater Lynn
Job Title: SCI AmeriCorps Position
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lynn, MA
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by increasing volunteerism and providing leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. When you join AmeriCorps, you use your energy, ideals, and talents to help others. SCI AmeriCorps members aim to build social capital in their communities through civic engagement opportunities, while gaining valuable experience in the process! Plus, you’ll earn money for education, learn to be a leader, and gain real job skills. Members provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. The AmeriCorps member at F&CS will be collaborating with two youth-focused programs: TEEN SCENE is an after school academic enrichment program for middle school-aged youth, and Project PRIME is a school- and community-based sexual health education program targeting high school-aged youth.
- Support the youth in planning and implementing age-appropriate civic engagement projects.
- Provide academic/tutoring support to middle school participants on a one-on-one basis or in small groups.
- Develop project-based learning activities with the participants.
- Plan and facilitate group and recreational activities for all program participants.
- Co-facilitate health education workshops that focus on the prevention of STI’s/HIV and unwanted pregnancies among high school-aged youth (training provided).
Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in the human service field with experience working with at-risk youth in a school, summer camp or after school setting. Experience with tutoring, mentoring and/or facilitating youth groups is required. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of relevant social support agencies and programs. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are also preferred. In place of a degree, the candidate will have 2-3 years of experience working with the target population in similar activities.
Family and Children’s Service of Greater Lynn is an affirmative Action/Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.