Adoption Recruiter – Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange
Job Title: Adoption Recruiter
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Springfield, MA
The Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange (MARE), a private non-profit organization that works to recruit adoptive homes for children and teens waiting in foster care, is seeking a full time adoption recruiter through its partnership with the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Program. This national program of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption seeks to find permanent homes for the foster children who have waited the longest for adoption. Recruiters employ aggressive practices and proven tactics focused on finding the best home for a child through the starting points of familiar circles of family, friends and neighbors, and then reaching out to the communities in which they live.
- Maintain a caseload of 12-15 waiting children and teens and meet at least monthly with each child to assess the child’s strengths, challenges, preparedness and for adoption.
- Complete written assessment of adoption readiness for each child and updated quarterly to enhance the child-focused recruitment plan reflective of each child’s needs.
- Work with prospective adoptive families to assess their competence at meeting the needs of the child, and provide support and resources to the family to promote permanent placement.
- Meet with the significant adults in each child’s life and maintain regular and ongoing contact (caseworkers, foster family, attorney, CASA volunteer, teacher, relatives, therapist, faith-based representative, extracurricular activity leader).
- Conduct an exhaustive and in depth review of each child’s case file, including diligent search of potential connections and conduct aggressive follow up with these identified contacts.
- Responsible for using the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Child Focused Recruitment Model and attend the annual Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter Summit hosted by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
- Attend monthly staff meetings at MARE in Boston/Newton.
- Other responsibilities include answering adoption information questions from the general public, representing agency at adoption events, and community outreach.
Successful candidates will have a Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field with at least two years of child welfare experience, preferably with foster care adoption or adolescents. A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related human service field and adoption experience may be substituted for a Master’s Degree. MA state license in Social Work is preferred but not required. Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to advocate diligently and persistently is critical, as is the ability to network and mobilize resources. Recruiter must be self-motivated, able to work independently and be willing to travel the state, including bi-monthly travel to metro-Boston. Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and access to car required. Must be detail oriented for the purpose of accountability of time and productivity.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Maurine Albano, Child Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
MARE is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applicants who have demonstrated success in working with diverse populations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED