Clinician-Doc Wayne Youth Services, Inc.
Job Title: Clinician
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Boston, MA
2016 Beyond Sport – Sport for Health Award
2015 Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – Sport Award
2014 Root Cause Social Innovator
Providers’ Council Innovator of the Year
Be a Game Changer and part of a growing and innovative non-profit. Utilize your passion for sports to provide group therapy to at-risk youth.
The mission of Doc Wayne is to fuse sport and therapy to heal and strengthen at-risk youth. As an organization, we have been providing high quality therapeutic, educational, and recreational programming for young people for more than a decade. Our interventions are based on the do the good® curriculum, a series of sports-adapted life skills and coaching behaviors designed (and empirically demonstrated) to achieve positive development outcomes among youth participants. Our organization’s expertise centers on engaging a variety of at-risk youth populations, particularly those who have suffered from complex trauma, mental illness and familial dysfunction, through the medium of team sports and sports-based exercises.
Doc Wayne Youth Services is seeking masters level clinicians (licensed or license eligible) to provide high-quality clinical treatment in a thriving agency. Clinical Game Changers deliver group therapy to diverse populations within our Chalk Talk® sport-based (soccer, basketball, flag football, and indoor rowing) group therapy program treating approximately 300 children and adolescents per week. Services are delivered in a variety of settings including schools, community settings, and residential treatment centers in Metro Boston. Evening hour appointment availability and reliable transportation are required. Supervision towards licensure is provided.
Clinical Game Changers are responsible for the following:
· Provide group therapy (primarily DBT sport-based groups) to at-risk youth
· Conduct psychosocial assessments and intakes as needed
· Maintain individual and/or family therapy caseload as assigned
· Embody Doc Wayne’s culture dedicated to teamwork, cultural awareness, and innovation
· Work professionally and collaboratively with all partners
· Keep clinical records that are accurate, current, and meet regulations
· Refer and consult with supervisor about any person served who may need a different level of care, is inappropriate for current level of care, requires change or revision in treatment or service plan, or transfer to another agency
· Share creative ideas that advance the mission of Doc Wayne
· Master’s degree in social work, counseling or related field
· Previous athletic/coaching experience
· Dynamic energy and belief in the power of sports to benefit children
· Team player dedicated to serving as a caring adult and role model to underserved youth
· Disposition towards school/community involvement and engagement
· Experience working with at-risk youth (experience working with traumatized youth preferred)
· Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task efficiently
· Ability to think out of the box, share ideas and get involved
· Valid driver’s license and access to car required
· Bilingual/Multilingual skills (English/Spanish/Portuguese/Haitian Creole/Cape Verdean Creole highly preferred)
We are committed to providing a rich experience that promotes staff development as both individuals and professionals.
· Generous paid time off including 18 total Personal/Vacation days and 10 holidays with Personal/Vacation days increasing each year of employment to up to 30 days per year
· Medical insurance with up to 75% employer contribution
· Dental, life, short-term disability, and FSA plans
· 403(b) retirement plan
· Strong organizational culture dedicated to self-care and support
· Commitment to developing staff as leaders within the organization
· Opportunities for professional development and training
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter to Rebekah Roulier, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com.
Please use subject line: CLINICIAN APPLICATION. Doc Wayne is committed to creating impact through diversity, inclusion, and social justice. People of color and people with personal life experiences representative of the population we serve are strongly encouraged to apply.