Annual Art Contest
About the Contest:
Every year, CLM welcomes youth artists of every skill level from our membership organizations to submit artwork for our annual contest. This year’s annual art contest submission categories and contest rules are posted below.
2019 Contest Categories:
Power in Diversity
CLM’s 25th Anniversary*
*This year we are including a special category honoring CLM’s 25th anniversary as an organization. Artists are encouraged to think about the following possible themes when submitting for that category: children, families, celebrations, milestones, birthdays, anniversaries, public policy, legislation, advocacy, building partnerships, and/or CLM’s logo, mission statement, or successes.
The contest is open now through January 24th.
Voting will open for two weeks February 1st – 14th and winner announcements will take place February 24th. This page and our social media will have information about voting and winners.
The golden rule: have fun!
Other helpful guidelines for our contest:
- Youth (18 and under) in the care and custody of any of our member-organizations are invited to participate. Artists of any skill level are encouraged to submit their work.
- Submitted artwork must be an original creation! It can be art in any form – pencil, photography, sculpture, collage, etc. However, any 3-D artwork or entries for the photography category must be photographed to be considered.
- Category words are not required to be part of the artwork to be considered.
- One entry per category per person.
- Artwork must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions must be in .jpeg format, with a resolution of 300 dpi, not to be larger than 8×10
- Each entry must include the following:
- Youth’s First Name
- Age of Youth
- Member Organization Name
- Category for which the submitted art should be considered
- First, second, and third place winners will be determined by online voting done by members and friends of CLM.
- Winners will receive an certificate acknowledging their achievement, as well as a gift certificate to local art store. All winners will be featured on our website and social media, while first place winners will have their art work featured on CLM’s stationary, going out to members, legislators, government officials and other key community stakeholders. The winner of the “CLM Anniversary” category will also likely have their artwork incorporated into our celebrations for the year.
To view past year’s winners, please click on the following links: