To report child abuse and/or neglect, call:
Department of Children and Families hotline, 1 (800) 792-5200
If this is an emergency, call 911.
The Family Resource Centers (FRCs) of Massachusetts is a statewide network providing community-based, multi-cultural parenting programs, support groups, early childhood services, information and referral resources and education for families whose children range in age from birth to 18. Supported through funding from the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services in collaboration with the Department of Children and Families, a Family Resource Center is located in each of the 14 Massachusetts counties.
The goal of each FRC is to provide information and assistance to families needing access to health, safety, employment training, education and peer support. Through the work of the FRCs families can focus on strengthening their bonds, connecting to others, and engaging in their communities. The core values of the FRCs include: respect, trust, safety, wellness, caring, connectivity, and education.
- The Bridge Family Resource Center
101 University Avenue, Suite A3, Amherst, MA 01002
- Cape Cod Family Resource Center
29 Bassett Lane, Hyannis, MA 02601
The Family Center- Community Connections of Brockton
1367 Main Street, Brockton, MA 02301
Family Resource Center, Family Service Association
45 Rock Street, Fall River, MA 02720
MOC Fitchburg Family Resource Center
76 Summer Street, Suite 210, Fitchburg, MA 01420
Community Action Family Resource Center
90 Federal Street, Greenfield, MA 01301
Family & Community Resource Center
530 Broadway, 3rd Floor, Lawrence, MA 01841
NFI Family Resource Center of Greater Lowell
27 Prescott Street, Lowell, MA 01852
Lynn Family Forward Resource Center, Centerboard, Inc.
16 City Hall square, Lynn, MA 01901
Nantucket Family Resource Center
20 Vesper Lane, L-1 Gouin Village, Nantucket, MA 02554
The Family Resource and Development Center
105 William Street 3rd floor, New Bedford, MA 02740
The Family Place
61 Main Street, 2nd floor, Suite 218, North Adams, MA 01247
Island Wide Youth Collaborative: A Massachusetts Family Resource Center
111 Edgartown Road, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
Family Resource Center, Berkshire Children and Families
480 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
Quincy Family Resource Center
1120 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA 02169
The Springfield Family Support Programs Family Resource Center
18 Gaucher St., Springfield, MA 01109
Worcester Connections Family Resource Center
484 Main St., Suite 460 4th floor, Worcester, MA 01608
- Adoption and Foster Care Mentoring
- Cambridge Family and Children’s Services
- MARE – Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange
- Office of the Child Advocate
- Massachusetts Department of Children and Families
- Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance
- Find a Family Resource Center in your area
- Find a Parent Support Group in your area
- Massachusetts Department of Children and Families, Foster Care Support Services
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
- Suicide Prevention
- Parent/Professional Advocacy League
- The Parent’s How-to Guide to Children’s Mental Health Services in Massachusetts
- Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Resource and Services: A Guide for Early Childhood Professionals
- NAMI Mass Compass: Your Guide to Mental Health Resources
- MA Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Abuse Services – oversees the substance abuse and gambling prevention and treatment services in the Commonwealth
- Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline, or call 800.327.5050
- Central Intake and Care Coordination 617.661.3991 or 866.705.2807 for free and confidential help finding the right youth services program
- ProjectKnow, Understanding Addiction – ready to talk about addiction treatment options? Call 1.800.928.9139
- Massachusetts Rehab Centers – looking for a great rehab center in Massachusetts for yourself or someone you love? Call 1.888.716.9806
- Massachusetts Youth & Young Adult Services – addresses substance abuse issues among youth and young adults
- Guide for Parents – substance abuse guide for parents, call 1.800.327.5050 (tty: 1.800.439.2370)
- Resources for Teens and Youth Adults – substance abuse and addiction resources for teens and young adults, call 1-844-500-2558
- National Autism Center at May Institute – a nonprofit organization dedicated to disseminating evidence-based information about the treatment of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), promoting best practices, and offering comprehensive and reliable resources for families, practitioners, and communities.
- Sesame Street and Autism – “Seeing Amazing in All Children,” an initiative aimed at children ages 2-5, serving as a guide for families, and providing a narrative around autism for families and kids.
- CDC Autism Links and Resources – provides resources for families, healthcare providers, adults, researchers, etc.
- Operation Autism – a resource guide for military families including: warning signs, transitions, and education.
- DO IT Accommodation Resources – guide for Autism Spectrum Disorders/Asperger Syndrome.
- Indiana Resource Cetner for Autism – teaching tips for adults and children with autism.
- Estate Planning for Parents of Children with Autism – a guide to prepare for your child’s future.