Senior Major Gifts Officer – The Home for Little Wanderers
Job Title: Senior Major Gifts Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Brighton, MA
The Home for Little Wanderers seeks a Senior Major Gifts Officer for their Brighton based offices. The Senior Major Gifts Officer position engages the organization’s individual donors in the work and impact of The Home for Little Wanderers (The Home) while expanding the donor base to include new major donors. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of and background in major gifts fundraising principles and practices, a high level of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation and a strong belief in the mission of The Home for Little Wanderers. The Senior Major Gifts Officer position reports to the Director of Development.
- Manage a portfolio of 120 to 150 prospects and donors with a focus on soliciting gifts of $10,000 and higher.
- Manage relationships with prospective and existing donors in all aspects of the gift cycle including: identifying, qualifying, and initiating contact with potential donors; developing appropriate cultivation strategies for moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; making solicitations of major and planned gifts when appropriate; and maintaining stewardship contacts with donors.
- Work collaboratively with the Development team and all of the other departments of The Home.
- Solicit support for The Home’s annual fundraising events.
- Produce fundraising communications, including but not limited to letters, emails, newsletters, proposals, briefs, presentations, and reports. This includes drafting original copy and editing documents.
- In consultation with the Director of Development, set annual individual fundraising goals; track solicitation amounts, anticipated gifts, pledges, and revenue; and provide regular revenue and cash flow updates on projections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5-8 years of successful major gift experience working in a nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity and comfort with planned giving practices
- Proven track record of soliciting and securing five- and six-figure gifts from individual donors.
- Must support the mission of The Home for Little Wanderers.
- Expert interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Familiarity with fundraising best practices, standards, and ethics.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
Standard Office setting. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. May spend extended period on the telephone, at the computer terminal or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. Evening and weekend hours as needed.