Therapeutic Mentor- Child and Family Services
HYANNIS, MA – Child and Family Services is looking for a full-time Therapeutic Mentor for our Hyannis location. This position will work with SED (seriously emotionally disturbed) children/adolescents under the age of 21 who are in need of TM services. Services are provided to youth in any setting where the youth resides, such as the home (including foster homes and therapeutic foster homes), and in other community settings such as school, child care centers, respite settings, and other culturally and linguistically appropriate community settings. Therapeutic Mentoring offers structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services between a therapeutic mentor and a youth for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs.
Job Code: TMHY01
- 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited university and one (1) year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth; or
- Associate’s degree in a human services field from an accredited school and one (1) year of experience working with the target population; or
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The following responsibilities are not meant to be all inclusive and may be adjusted to meet the agency’s needs.
- Engages the youth in activities in the community
- Will work the youth in the following areas including: teaching of alternative strategies, role-playing, behavioral rehearsal, skill acquisition in the community, practicing skills in the community, exposure to social situations in which age-appropriate skills can be practiced, enhancing conflict resolution skills, developing communication skills
- Offers services in the youth’s home and community
- Delivers services in accordance with an existing outpatient or In-home therapy treatment plan
- Develops an individualized service plan with the client
- Submits monthly/quarterly summaries, progress notes, and discharge paperwork
- Ensures that appropriate referrals and service coordination takes place
To apply visit https://child-familyservices.org/apply/